Effective date: 24 May 2018
This notice informs you of our policies regarding the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data when you use our services and the choices you have associated with that data, and is being issued pursuant to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which applies across the European Union.
Who we are
TMC Software creates and supports computer desktop applications.
Information Collection And Use
Your personal data is collected directly from you (or your employer) and is used by us in the provision, maintenance and support of our products and services to your company.
Lawful Basis for Data Collection
We rely on this website and other contact methods as the lawful basis on which we collect and use your Personal Data. Our legitimate interests are relevant and appropriate whether you are an existing or potential customer.
Personal Data Collected
While using our services, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) that can be used to contact or identify you. Personally identifiable information may include:
- Email address
- Phone number
- Any other information voluntarily provided by you or your employer
Use of Personal Data
TMC Software uses the collected data to:-
- Contact you with regard to any enquiries relating to technical support.
- Contact you with regard to any enquiries relating to accounts and invoices.
- Contact you to receive send information about existing or new services.
Automated decision making
We do not envisage that any decisions will be taken about you using automated means, however we will notify you in writing if this position changes
Transfer Of Personal Data
To the extent necessary for us to provide and maintain our products and services, your personal information is held and maintained on computers located within the European Economic Area (EEA).
Any transfer of your personal information within the EEA will be subject to such legally enforceable mechanism(s) for transfers of personal data as may be permitted under the General Data
Protection Regulation that are designed to help safeguard your privacy rights and give you remedies in the unlikely event of a misuse of your personal information.
Disclosure Of Data Legal Requirements
TMC Software may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with a legal obligation such as:-
- Activities relating to the prevention, detection and investigation of crime.
- Request from law enforcement or other authorities if required by applicable law.
Security of Data
We have appropriate security measures in place to prevent personal information from being accidentally lost, or used or accessed in an unauthorised way. We limit access to your Personal
Data to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing your information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality. In the event of a suspected data security breach we will notify you and any applicable regulator where we are legally required to do so.
Sharing of Data
Your Personal Data is accessible to internal employees who are assisting with the provision of our services to you. We may also require third party companies to assist in support of our services. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to the extent necessary to perform relevant tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Retention of Personal Data
We will retain all communications, including any Personal Data contained therein, in accordance with applicable UK tax law, which is currently six years.
Links To Other Sites
Under the General Data Protection Regulation you have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
- Be informed about our processing of your Personal Data.
- Require us to correct any mistakes in the Personal Data that we hold.
- Object to our processing of your Personal Data for direct marketing.
- Restrict our processing of your Personal Data in certain circumstances.
- Have your Personal Data erased in certain circumstances.
- Request access to your Personal Data and information about how we process it.
- Receive the personal information concerning you which you have provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and have the right to transmit that data to a third party in certain circumstances.
- Object to decisions being taken by automated means which produce legal effects concerning you or similarly significantly affect you.
For further information on each of those rights, including the circumstances in which they apply, see the http://ico.org.uk/fororganisations/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulationgdpr/individual-rights/.
If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please:
Email, call or write to us.
- Let us have enough information to identify you (E.g. your name, company name, position).
- Let us have proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving licence or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill).
- Let us know the information to which your request relates.
In the event that we are unable to resolve any queries or concerns about our use of your Personal Data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority.
Email: [email protected]
Post: TMC Software, 10 Comberton Court, Kidderminster, DY10 3DN
Phone: 01562 865915